Three months after he wasarrested and accused of punching a manover a parking spot,Alec Baldwinis speaking out about the incident.
“So they said I punched this guy, which was not true,” he continued. “The cameras show from every angle that no one punched anybody. But once that story is out there — you know, the D.A. never gets out there after the fact and says, ‘You know, Mr. Baldwin is just such a great guy. He would never do a thing like that.’ ”
“I mean, did I have an argument with the guy? Yeah,” he added. “I thought he was going to run my wife over with this car when he was stealing my parking spot. But now he and I are best friends. … I’m kidding!”
Baldwin, 60, wasarrestedon Nov. 2. and later that monthchargedwith attempted misdemeanor assault and violation-level harassment over the incident. According toNBC News, citing a court complaint, thealleged victimtold police that the actor hit him with a closed hand.
During the arraignment, Baldwin’s lawyer claimed to have “incontrovertible video evidence” that proves the actor’s innocence “beyond all doubt.”
Baldwinpleaded guiltyto a charge of second-degree violation of harassment on Jan. 23.
According toTMZ, Baldwin’s team and prosecutors agreed to the lesser charge in a plea deal, and he’s due in court again March 27.
Baldwin previously denied the claims in a lengthy social media post.
“Normally, I would not comment on something as egregiously misstated as today’s story. However, the assertion that I punched anyone over a parking spot is false,” hetweetedhours after his arrest. “I wanted to go on the record stating as much. I realize that it has become a sport to tag people was many negative charges and defaming allegations as possible for the purposes of clickbait entertainment. Fortunately, no matter how reverberating the echos [sic], it doesn’t make the statements true.”
source: people.com