Photo: Warner Bros./Courtesy Everett Collection
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(999x0:1001x2):format(webp)/harry-potter-2000-f720cea9debf4292bbd3e2b3f1427034.jpg)
Accio,Harry Potterfans!
All eight movies in the beloved Warner Bros. franchise are set to return to HBO Max next month after previously spending time on NBC’s streaming service Peacock, according toDeadline.
Beginning Wednesday, Sept. 1, the eight films —Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets,Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban,Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Princeand both parts ofHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows— will be available to stream.
HBO Max was originally home to all eightHarry Potterfilms when the platform launched back in May 2020, but streaming rights were only allotted for three months,Varietyreported.
Other notable features scheduled to appear on HBO Max throughout September include (but are not limited to)News of the World,Mad Max: Fury RoadandMortal Kombat.
Alnwick Castle inHarry Potter.Warner Bros. Pictures
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(749x0:751x2):format(webp)/Alnwick-Castle176-eb41b8c99f1d454c9d0626ed39ed1e13.jpg)
Want to get the biggest stories fromPEOPLEevery weekday?Subscribe to our new podcast,PEOPLE Every Day,to get the essential celebrity, entertainment and human interest news stories Monday through Friday.
The news of the eight films heading back to HBO’s streaming platform comes as the film prepares to celebrate its 20-year anniversary in November. The first entry, Sorcerer’s Stone, debuted Nov. 14, 2001.
Reflecting ahead of the 20th anniversary of the famous franchise on the silver screen, starDaniel Radclifferecently toldEntertainment Tonightthat certain cast members truly made a lasting, positive impact.
“I have really, really fond memories of all my scenes with Gary Oldman [who played Sirius Black] and David Thewlis [who played Remus Lupin],” Radcliffe, now 32, said. “They were some of the first scenes on the third and the fifth film where I started to feel like I was a young man who was just starting to figure out what acting was, and they were pretty cool people to be around.”
RELATED VIDEO: Helen McCrory,Harry PotterStar, Dies at 52 After ‘Heroic Battle with Cancer,’ Says Husband Damian Lewis
Tom Felton, who played Draco Malfoy, also recently reflected on the milestone moment. Speaking withPEOPLEin June, the 33-year-old actor said he had been in touch with costars Radcliffe,Emma WatsonandRupert Grint— who played Potter’s best friends Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, respectively — about the films' lasting legacy.
If given the opportunity,The Flashactor said he’d return toPotterin a heartbeat. “If you’re asking me will I dye my hair blonde again to be Draco, abso-bloody-lutely. Either [him or Lucius]. I’ll play Draco’s kid if you really want!” Felton said. “Any chance to be a Malfoy again would be greatly accepted.”
As for Grint, however, returning to the magical world would likely take some convincing. “I think going back now would be … I can’t really imagine it,” the 33-year-old actortoldEsquirein March. “But, I mean, never say never. It would only be if everyone else wants to do the same. But yeah, no … I think just leave it.”
source: people.com